Join Dubai Astronomy Group as we host our annual Geminids Meteor Shower on Friday, 14 December 2018 in Al Qudra Area from 10 PM to 4 AM. The Geminids are considered to be one of the most spectacular meteor showers of the year, with the possibility of sighting around 120 meteors per hour at its peak. The shower owes its name to the constellation Gemini because the meteors seem to emerge from this constellation in the sky.
– Telescope Observation.
– Naked eye Observation of Meteors.
– Star Decoding Session.
– Talk & a Q&A Session.
– Adult: AED 120
– Child (below 13 year): AED 70
– DAG Members: AED 50 (you must have valid membership of international/associate/student category and valid membership ID card to avail this discount).
– The venue for the event is at Al Qudra, Dubai. A precise location map will be sent to you by email after you register for the program.
– Transportation is upon you for your convenience.
– No need to have a 4x4 car, although it is recommended.
– Although some mats will be available, you are requested to carry any necessities you might deem necessary over the period of the event (snacks, water, mats, seats etc.)
– You are also requested to keep warm clothing at hand as the night may get quite cold in the desert.
– Please bring the hard copy or soft copy of registration confirmation number/ email to ensure your entry.
– You are requested to bring your Emirates ID or any valid document with you to be presented at the meeting point upon request.
– Dubai Astronomy Group members are requested to bring their membership card to be presented upon request