The events will comprise of distances ranging from 3K to Half Marathon. All events will be run on accurately measured short courses with multiple laps and will be restricted to a maximum of 300 participants.
Half Marathon 21.1K Open (18+): 6:00 AM.
10K Open (16-39) & Masters (40+): 7:00 AM.
5K Open (16-39) & Masters (40+): 7:15 AM.
3K Open (16-39) & Masters (40+): 7:30 AM.
3K Juniors (12-15): 7:35 AM.
Under-12s are not allowed to participate as per new MOPH guidelines.
RACE 1: Friday 21 January 2022 - (Aspire Park Sand Trail)
RACE 2: Friday 28 January 2022 - (Al Bayt Stadium Park)
RACE 3: Friday 18 February 2022 - (Al Bidda Park)
RACE 4: Friday 04 March 2022 - (Al Bidda Park)
*Event locations, times and dates may change.
- Water Station at the Start / Finish line, 1.5K and 2.5K.
- Race Bib.
- Medical support.
- Course marshals.
- Public liability insurance.
- Custom designed finisher's medal for all distances.
- Awards for the Top 3 Open finishers (Male / Female) in 21.1K, 10K, 5K & 3K.
- Awards for the Top 3 Masters (Over 40) finishers (Male / Female) in 21.1K, 10K, 5K & 3K.
- Awards for the Top 3 finishers (Male / Female) in 3K Juniors.
- Series awards for Top 3 finishers (Male / Female) in Open, Masters & Juniors category.
SERIES POINTS SYSTEM
The 4-race series will have a points system which will count towards the overall series awards. Points are calculated based on the athlete’s finish position in their category.
As our events offer several distances (21.1K, 10K, 5K & 3K), points will be equally allocated for each distance. The winner in each category will receive 50 points, followed by 49 points for 2nd place, 48 for 3rd place, 47 points for 4th place and so on. Minimum points for completing a race is 20. In the event of a tie, the athlete with higher distance covered over the series will be the winner. If they are tied on points and distance, then the athlete with the lowest aggregate time will be placed higher. In the event athletes cannot be separated by points, distance and time, then both will be placed jointly in the standings.
For example: Athlete A, wins all 4 races in 10K and obtains 200 points. Athlete B wins all 4 races in 5K and obtains 200 points. In this case, Athlete A will be placed higher than Athlete B in the overall standings.
Male and female series winners will receive awards which will be presented at the end-of-season race.
- Open Male (16-39): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
- Open Female (16-39): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
- Masters Male (40+): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
- Masters Female (40+): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
- Juniors Male (7-15): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
- Juniors Female (7-15): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
By registering for the event below, I confirm the following:
I know that running long-distance events is a potentially hazardous activity, which could cause injury or death. I will not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained, and I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, and am in good health, and I am properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I attest that I have read the rules of the race and agree to abide by them. I assume all risks associated with running in these events, including but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, open traffic and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or roller blades, animals, and personal music players are not allowed in the race and I will abide by all race rules. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and inconsideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Qatar Running Series organizers and the city where the events are held, from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. I grant permission to all of the foregoing to use my photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose.
- ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE FINAL.
- IN CASE OF A LOCKDOWN (EITHER DUE TO COVID-19 OR ANY OTHER REASON), RACES WILL BE POSTPONED TILL WE RECEIVE THE GREEN SIGNAL FROM MOPH TO RESUME EVENTS.
- ONLY FULLY-VACCINATED ATHLETES OVER THE AGE OF 12 CAN PARTICIPATE.
THERE ARE NO REFUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.