Z Adventures, in collaboration with Kiliwarrior Expeditions, is proud to present the world's highest endurance challenge at Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. All events are approved by International Skyrunning Federation and International Trail Running Association.
- World's Highest VK1000 starting at 4,870m and finishing at 5,895m.
- Kilimanjaro summit climb and official certificate.
- World's Highest Ultra Marathon (50K) starting at 5,895m.
- World's Highest Full Marathon (42.2K) starting at 5,895m.
- World's Highest Half Marathon (21.1K) starting at 5,895m.
- Five star medical support including oxygen tanks, doctors & helicopter evacuation.
- Four aid stations and access to drop bags.
- All courses approved by ISF & ITRA.
- 6-day acclimatization prior to the start of races.
- Full porter service and all meals prepared for runners.
- Accommodation in 2-person tents during the trek.
- Transfers from and to Kilimanjaro Airport and the hotel.
- Transfers from and to the hotel and the Kilimanjaro park entrance.
- Park entrance fees, government fees and taxes.
- Porters for the climb.
- Three meals per day.
- Mountain tents for sleeping (2 per tent)
- All meals in a private mess tent.
- Chemical toilets during the climb.
- Hot shower tent during the climb.
- Luxury chairs, 2” foam mattress, pillow and hot water bottles.
- Charging stations and telecom access during the climb (emergencies only).
- Availability of the following medical equipment during the climb and the races:
- Oxygen tanks
- Flying doctors & helicopter evacuation services
- Pulse oximeter
- Gamow bag
- Automated external defibrillator
- Infrared thermometer
- Katadyn water purification system
- Facebook & Instagram updates
- Lunch and dinner at the race hotel.
- Any local transportation during the stay in Arusha.
- Sleeping bags
- Trekking poles
- Duffel bag
- Tips (USD 300 for the entire trip)
FRIDAY 8 JULY 2022 - ARUSHA
- Pick up at Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO).
- Transfer to Premium Hotel in Arusha (45 Min Drive).
- Check-In and overnight at the hotel.
SATURDAY 9 JULY 2022 - ARUSHA
- Free day in Arusha to acclimatize (4,600ft or 1,400m).
- Gear check & climbing / running briefing.
- Overnight at the race hotel.
SUNDAY 10 JULY 2022 - MACHAME CAMP
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Drive from Arusha to the Machame Gate which is located on the southern side of the mountain. This drive takes approximately 1.5-2 hours.
- Starting at the Machame Gate (5,718 ft or 1,748m) we will be climbing to Machame Camp (9,350 ft or 2,850m). This trek takes approximately 5-7 hours and is through the Tropical Rainforest Zone.
- Overnight at Machame Camp (9,350 ft or 2,850m).
MONDAY 11 JULY 2022 - SHIRA 2 CAMP
- Start the day in the Rainforest Zone at Machame Camp (9,350 ft or 2,850m), we will leave the Rainforest Zone to head to our next campsite, Shira 2 Camp (12,621 ft or 3,847m).
- We will enter the next ecological zone, the Moorland / Heather Zone. This trek will take approximately 4-6 hours including lunch break. Trees are scarcer and small plants become more common.
- Overnight at Shira 2 Camp (12,621 ft or 3,847m).
TUESDAY 12 JULY 2022 - BARANCO CAMP
- Starting at Shira 2 Camp (12,621 ft or 3,847m), we start trekking to our next camp – Baranco Camp (13,066 ft or 3,983 m). We hike towards the Lava Tower for lunch. This takes approximately 4 hours.
- After having lunch, we begin to make our descent to Baranco Camp. The landscape becomes more and more desolate as desert starts to take over. This descent portion to Baranco Camp takes approximately 2 hours. The views of the Great Breach Wall are fantastic from this camp, probably better than anywhere else on the mountain.
- We camp at Baranco Camp (13,066 ft or 3,983 m)
WEDNESDAY 13 JULY 2022 - KARANGA CAMP
- We climb from Baranco Camp (13,066ft or 3,983 m) to Karanga Camp (13,106ft or 3,994 m).
- To get to Karanga Camp, we must cross over the Barranco Wall. This climb is not technical and you will have the guides to assist you. This trek takes approximately 4 hours to complete.
- Overnight at Karanga Camp (13,106ft or 3,994 m).
THURSDAY 14 JULY 2022 - KOSOVO CAMP
- Depart Karanga Camp and continue to our next camp: Kosovo Camp (16,340ft or 4,980 m).
- This part takes approximately another 4-5 hours of trekking. We will relax and go to bed as early as possible to prepare for the next day.
- Overnight at Kosovo Camp
FRIDAY 15 JULY 2022 - RACE DAY
- Begin the VK1000 before sunrise and run to the summit Uhuru Peak (19,341ft or 5,895m).
- After finishing this first race, begin the Ultra, Full & Half Marathon to the bottom of the mountain.
- Finish race at Mweka Gate.
- Drive back to Arusha for award ceremony.
- Overnight at hotel.
SATURDAY 16 JULY 2022 - ARUSHA
- Transfer from Hotel to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO).
- It is recommended to depart the hotel 3 hours before your International departure flight.
- It takes approximately 45-60 minutes to drive from the hotel to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO).
Cancellation fees will apply as outlined below:
All cancellation fees indicated are per person in US funds. Cancellation of a reservation will only be taken into consideration once notice is received in writing. If you cancel your reservation, cancellation fees will be as follows:
- USD 500 - 90 days or more prior to tour start date.
- No refund if cancelled within 90 days.
Cancellation fees are liquidated damages, incurred by us for prepayments made by us and for administrative costs involved in processing a cancellation.
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR ANY BOOKING REFUND:
No reimbursements or refunds will be issued for any unused travel service or any component of the package after departure. Refunds are not granted for bookings cancelled due to inclement weather or illness; these must be claimed through your travel insurance. No guarantee is provided or warranted that any refund will be available.
INCLUSIONS AND EXCLUSIONS:
Prices DO NOT include Air Fare, travel insurance, excess baggage charges, airport departure taxes, passport or visa costs, hotel nights not included in our packages, lunches and dinners at the hotel.