The events will comprise of distances ranging from Mini-Kids 800M to Adults 10K. All events will be run on accurately measured short courses with multiple laps and will be restricted to a maximum of 300 participants.
10K Open (17-39) & Masters (40+): 6:30 AM.
5K Open (17-39) & Masters (40+): 6:40 AM.
2.5K Juniors (13-16), Open (17-39) & Masters (40+): 6:50 AM.
2.5K Secondary (10-12) & Primary (7-9): 6:55 AM.
Mini Kids (3-6): 7:30 AM.
RACE 1: Friday 13 January 2023 (Aspire Park)
RACE 2: Friday 27 January 2023 (Al Bidda Park)
RACE 3: Friday 03 February 2023 (Aspire Park)
RACE 4: Friday 17 February 2023 (Al Bidda Park)
*Event locations, times and dates may change.
- Water Station at the Start / Finish line and 2.5K.
- Race Bib.
- Medical support.
- Course marshals.
- Public liability insurance.
- Custom designed finisher's medal for all distances.
- Awards for the Top 3 Open finishers (Male / Female) in 10K, 5K & 2.5K.
- Awards for the Top 3 Masters finishers (Male / Female) in 10K, 5K & 2.5K.
- Awards for the Top 3 finishers (Male / Female) in Juniors (Age 13-16).
- Awards for the Top 3 finishers (Male / Female) Secondary (Age 10-12).
- Awards for the Top 3 finishers (Male / Female) Primary (Age 7-9).
- Awards for the Top 3 finishers (Male / Female) in Mini-Kids (Age 3-6).
- Series awards for Top 3 finishers (Male / Female) in Open, Masters & Junior categories.
BATTLE OF THE CLUBS / SCHOOL
The 4-race series will have a new club competition. Athletes can enter their club name or school name while registering for the race. Trophies will be presented to the top club / school in the competition based on points earned for the series.
1) Best Male Club
2) Best Female Club
3) Best Juniors Club / School
The points system is as below:
The Top 5 finishers in each race (10K, 5K, 2.5K & 800m) and category (M/F Masters, Open & Juniors) will receive the following points.
1st Position = 10 points
2nd Position = 9 points
3rd Position = 8 points
4th Position = 7 points
5th Position = 6 points
Points from all 4 races will be aggregated and the club / school with the highest points will be declared winners.
INDIVIDUAL SERIES POINTS SYSTEM
The 4-race series will also have an individual points system which will count towards the overall series awards. Points are calculated based on the athlete’s finish position in their category.
As our events offer several distances (10K, 5K, 2.5K & 1K), points will be equally allocated for each distance. The winner in each category will receive 50 points, followed by 49 points for 2nd place, 48 for 3rd place, 47 points for 4th place and so on. Minimum points for completing a race is 20. In the event of a tie, the athlete with higher distance covered over the series will be the winner. If they are tied on points and distance, then the athlete with the lowest aggregate time will be placed higher. In the event athletes cannot be separated by points, distance and time, then both will be placed jointly in the standings.
For example: Athlete A, wins all 4 races in 10K and obtains 200 points. Athlete B wins all 4 races in 5K and obtains 200 points. In this case, Athlete A will be placed higher than Athlete B in the overall standings.
Male and female series winners will receive awards which will be presented at the end-of-season race.
- Open Male (17-39): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
- Open Female (17-39): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
- Masters Male (40+): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
- Masters Female (40+): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
- Juniors Male (3-16): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
- Juniors Female (3-16): 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place
EARLY BIRD SPECIAL (FIRST 100 REGISTRANTS)
ADULTS (17+): QAR 400 for all 4 races
JUNIORS (3-16): QAR 200 for all 4 races
ADULTS (17+): QAR 480 for all 4 races or QAR 120 for each race
JUNIORS (3-16): QAR 240 for all 4 races or QAR 60 for each race
By registering for the event below, I confirm the following:
I know that running long-distance events is a potentially hazardous activity, which could cause injury or death. I will not enter and participate unless I am medically able and properly trained, and I certify that I am medically able to perform this event, and am in good health, and I am properly trained. I agree to abide by any decision of a race official relative to any aspect of my participation in this event, including the right of any official to deny or suspend my participation for any reason whatsoever. I attest that I have read the rules of the race and agree to abide by them. I assume all risks associated with running in these events, including but not limited to: falls, contact with other participants, the effects of the weather, including high heat and/or humidity, open traffic and the conditions of the road, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. I understand that bicycles, skateboards, baby joggers, roller skates or roller blades, animals, and personal music players are not allowed in the race and I will abide by all race rules. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and inconsideration of your accepting my entry, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive and release the Qatar Running Series organizers and the city where the events are held, from all claims or liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event, even though that liability may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons named in this waiver. I grant permission to all of the foregoing to use my photographs, motion pictures, recordings or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose.
- ALL REGISTRATIONS ARE FINAL.
- IN CASE OF CANCELLATION (EITHER DUE TO COVID-19 OR ANY OTHER REASON), RACES WILL BE POSTPONED TILL WE RECEIVE THE GREEN SIGNAL FROM AUTHORITIES TO RESUME EVENTS.
- THERE ARE NO REFUNDS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.